GAMSAT Free Resources Master List
During my GAMSAT prep I came across many free resources by word of mouth, forums and Googling. But it took MONTHS for me to build up a bank of freebies.
To save you the trouble of trawling forums and Google I’ve put a tonne of them on this page. Enjoy!
I personally did not use all of these resources because some didn’t exist when I took the GAMSAT (2015 & 2016). So, I CAN’T say these are the best resources out there. They are simply the FREE ones. I have listed them so you know what freebies are out there.
- Build your vocabulary by downloading a free dictionary app with the option to save words. Save words you come across in your GAMSAT prep and review them regularly. This will help you in section 1.
- Alternatively, use vocabulary.com
- The New Yorker’s Cartoons at Random (ideally discuss with GAMSAT study buddies else analyse these on your own)
- How to analyse poetry on Owlcation.com
- Schmoop Study Guides (check out the analysis sections for poems, literary texts etc.)
- Write for Medicine’s S1 Cheat Sheet
- Khan Academy SAT Reading & Writing video tutorials
- Free practice questions by the author of Griffiths’ GAMSAT Review
- Quote generators:
- Get ideas for S2 essays from: TED Talks, Big Think, The Guardian: Opinion, School of Life YouTube channel and The Conversation
- You could also follow CNN, BBC, and similar news outlets on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- PagingDr essay examples (registration for forum required)
- PagingDr essay feedback thread (registration for forum required)
- Essay themes notes by GAMSATEssayTutor.com
- Unofficial essay marking guide by TheMedicBlog
- Practice essays on GAMSATEdge.com (NB only 4 comments/quotes are now provided in GAMSAT, in the past 5 were provided hence 5 are used by them)
- Write for Medicine’s S2 essay bank (bank will apparently be completely open to anyone 2021)
I’ve also created some practice essay questions & a marking sheet you can use with your study buddies or by yourself.
Practice Questions & Marking Sheet
- Section 2 Essays Marking / Scoring Sheet (.DOC)
- Section 2 Essays Marking / Scoring Sheet (.PDF)
- Section 2 Essays Practice 1
- Section 2 Essays Practice 2
- Section 2 Essays Practice 3
- Section 2 Essays Practice 4
- Section 2 Essays Practice 5
- Section 2 Essays Practice 6
- Section 2 Essays Practice 7
- Gold Standard’s video explanations of the ACER papers
- AceGAMSAT’s video explanations of the ACER papers
- Non-science grads may benefit from BBC Bitesize‘s GCSE level Physics, Chemistry and Biology pages
- Free science textbooks: Chemistry, Biology, Physics
- Barry’s Tutoring GAMSAT advice videos
- Khan Academy video science tutorials
- Khan Academy Organic Chemistry video tutorials
- Master Organic Chemistry website
- Practice interpreting graphs (ideally with study buddies or a tutor) by looking at open journals such as BMJ Open
- Professor Dave Explains video science tutorials
- Leah4Sci MCAT video science tutorials
- Leah4Sci maths without a calculator tutorials
- Mental Math Cards Challenge app
- Crash Course video science tutorials
- Organic Chemistry Tutor video tutorials
- Tyler DeWitt video chemistry tutorials
- Bozeman Science video science tutorials
- Physics Classroom
- Notes for section 3 at GAMSATNotes.com
- GradMedTips GAMSAT tips: Facebook and Instagram (very new – building up content)
- Ivan Krauchnaka YouTube GAMSAT-specific video tutorials (very new – building up content)
- Maths without a calculator help
- Free practice test from Gold Standard GAMSAT
- Free practice questions by the author of Griffiths’ GAMSAT Review (no email sign up required)
- Full length section 3 practice test by author of Griffiths’ GAMSAT Review (email sign up required)
I’ve also created some worksheets you may find helpful.
- GAMSAT Maths: Logs and Antilogs Practice 1
- GAMSAT Chemistry: Blood Buffer System Revision with GAMSAT-style Questions
- GAMSAT Physics: Physics Equations
Score predictor by fearthecow.net. The maker of this calculator admits its limitations. It can’t predict your mark with certainty by any means. In order to use it, you’ll need to have completed ACER’s Practice Test 1 (green) and Practice Test 2 (purple). It was created before Practice Test 3 (pink) came out, so it won’t take that one into account.
Free strategy tips in your email inbox
Providers of free webinars / tutorials
- Halad to Health occasionally do free webinars
- Gold Standard GAMSAT also sometimes do free webinars
- Barry’s Tutoring also
Study Planners / Timetables
Free study planners to download either as Microsoft Word files (.DOC) or PDFs.
- One-Week Study Timetable (.DOC)
- One-Week Study Timetable (.PDF)
- One-Month Study Timetable (.DOC)
- One-Month Study Timetable (.PDF)